Sunday, September 28, 2014

C4K Summary for September

Kids Blog


C4K #1

My first C4K assignment was Asena from Auckland, New Zealand. She is a "year 6" student at Pt England School, and she is in Miss Clark's class. In her blog post, she posted her Week 8 math work. The math consisted of about 20 standard decimal subtraction problems and nine word problems. She completed all of the math exercises in her post. I began my comment by introducing myself, explaining EDM310, and discussing why I was leaving a comment. I wrote about how interesting it was to be able to connect with someone all the way in New Zealand. I also told Asena how amazing it is to already have so much knowledge about blogging. I gave Asena the links to my blog and our class blog.


C4K #2

My second C4K assignment was Cole, and he is from Nebraska. Cole is a fourth grader in Mrs. Timm's class. Mrs. Timm instructed her class to invent a new food and post it to their blog. They also had to describe the taste, smell, look, and feel of the food. In Cole's post, he invented the "Steak Burger." His post was very short, but I commented on how great and creative his new food seemed. I also introduced myself and our C4K assignment. At the end of my comment, I included the links to my blog and the class blog.


C4K #3

My third and final C4K assignment was Camyla from Massachusetts, but there were no posts available for me to leave a comment. I chose to leave a comment on Avery's blog. Avery is a fifth grade student from Connecticut in Mr. Salsich's class. In Avery's post, he talked about a golf tournament that his family hosts in honor of his uncle every year. He seemed very excited about this year's 19th annual tournament, saying, "This is what I look forward to all year!" The money raised from the tournament goes toward scholarships for the high school and other community needs. I introduced myself and explained EDM310. I talked about how much my family enjoys golf as well, and how great it is that the tournament proceeds benefit the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment