Sunday, September 14, 2014

C4T #1

C4T #1, Comment 1
Source: Photo by Kathleen Morris
Mrs.Kathleen Morris
I was assigned to Kathleen Morris for our first C4T Project. Her blog can be found here. She is a teacher at Leopold Primary School in Victoria, Australia. Mrs. Morris is currently on maternity leave, so she discussed motherhood and how she will continue to stay in the education loop at the beginning of her blog post. She explains how twitter and other online sources make the education community available at her fingertips. In her post, she shared some great tips for graduate teachers which you can find here. Mrs. Morris also included some tips for getting started with blogging in her post. She shared the idea of a classroom blog, and I definitely want to incorporate this when I become a teacher. In my first comment, I introduced myself and explained how our class is interacting with teachers across the globe. I also talked about how a classroom blog would be a great way to keep the parents informed in their child's education. I left Mrs. Morris my contact information such as my Twitter, personal blog URL, and class blog URL at the end of my first comment.

C4T #1, Comment 2
For my second comment, I chose her post about blogging and the literacy curriculum. In this post, she explains how blogging is incorporated into her curriculum. She uses student blogs as digital portfolios rather than using a traditional method such as reflective writing or journals. I commented about how much I liked the idea. I thought it was a very creative and modern twist on an old technique. She has also incorporated blogging into literacy rotations. It is very similar to assignments we have in EDM310, such as C4C. Every week, her students read a post on the class blog or another student's blog and leave a comment/summary on their own blog to practice their literacy goal. Children are so much more advanced when it comes to technology now, so I commented about this and how much they probably enjoy the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment