Sunday, November 30, 2014

C4T #4

Mrs. Sandi

Mrs. Sandi's Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes


Comment 1: "Poppies for Remembrance Day"
My final C4T is Mrs. Sandi, who is a Kindergarten teacher in Canada. The first post I commented on was titled "Poppies for Remembrance Day." Each year, Mrs. Sandi's students discuss why they wear poppies on Remembrance Day. She explains the significance of wearing poppies in honor of those who risk their lives so we can live in peace. Mrs. Sandi let her students make their own poppies by using red and black finger paint. In my comment, I introduced myself and explained the comments we do in EDM310. I also expressed how much I loved the poppy projects and the sweet lesson about Remembrance Day. At the end of my comment, I left the links to my blog and the class blog. Mrs. Sandi replied to my comment, and she explained how working with your hands helps you learn concepts as a young child. I will share Mrs. Sandi's photo of the poppies below.

Poppies for Remembrance Day

Comment 2: "Starry Night Sensory Tray"
For my second post, I left a comment on Mrs. Sandi's post titled "Starry Night Sensory Tray." She created a sensory tray for her students containing blue and purple decorative sand, glass gems, plastic jewels, turquoise prisms, yellow gems, and silver bead garlands. Mrs. Sandi and her class have been talking about Van Gogh's "Starry Night" painting, and the sensory tray was a perfect representation of the painting. In my comment, I told Mrs. Sandi how much I love this activity. I also mentioned how simple, yet beautiful the sensory tray is. At the end of my comment, I thanked her for sharing. I will share Mrs. Sandi's photo of the sensory tray below.

Starry Night Sensory Tray

No comments:

Post a Comment