Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Blog Post

I. Who Am I?
A. Where I have lived
B. How I am attending USA
1. Scholarship
2. Education Program
C. Major Interests
1. Friends
2. Family
3. Music
D. Personal Information
1. Work
2. Family

II. Why do I want to be an educator?
A. Love of kids
B. Good experience with previous teachers

III. What does an educator do in his or her practice?
A. Works with children on a daily basis
B. Learn

IV. My passions
A. Helping people
B. Working with kids



My name is MeLeah Miller. I am from Florence, Alabama, which is about six hours north of Mobile. I am attending South Alabama because I received a scholarship, and they have an excellent Education program. When I'm not in class, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I also love listening to music, mainly country. One of my favorite things to do is go to country music concerts with friends. I also have a job when I'm not enrolled at school. I work as a lifeguard during the summertime at the city's pool in my hometown. I live with my mom, dad, and younger sister when I'm home. I live in an apartment with three of my best friends while I'm in Mobile for school.

I want to be an educator because I love working with kids. I was able to be a teacher's aide throughout my high school years for a Kindergarten teacher, and I fell in love with it. I was fortunate enough to have a very good experience with all of my teachers when I was in elementary school, which also contributed to my desire of teaching. There are so many different aspects to being a teacher. As a teacher, parents are trusting you with their children for eight hours a day. You are responsible for their well-being and for educating them on a daily basis. Not only do teachers teach, but they are constantly learning as well. I'm sure teachers learn just as much from their students as the students learn from them. A couple of my passions are helping other people and working with children, so I am very eager to learn more from this class to help me in my profession.
Teacher helping student
Source for picture: www.naset.org

No comments:

Post a Comment