Saturday, August 23, 2014

Blog Post #1

Blogging photo

What About EDM310?

I have heard many comments about EDM310. Everyone has mentioned the fact that it is very time consuming and requires a lot of work. I have also heard people say how much knowledge I will take away from this class. My main fear going into EDM310 is how I am going to balance everything. I am taking 16 hours this semester, and I'm going to have to be very good with my time management skills. I'm also concerned about forgetting to do something and getting behind. Although the class seems kind of overwhelming, I'm confident that I can put in the work required and stay on top of things.

This class is unlike any other class I have ever taken. It's much more technology based, which is going to take some getting used to. The only thing I've ever had to do in another class that relates to technology is occasionally presenting a power point. I think this class will introduce me to a lot of skills and ideas that I have never experienced before. For example, this is the first time I have ever created a blog. Being an independent learner is going to be somewhat new as well. My previous teachers, especially in high school, basically spelled everything out for us. In this class, we're expected to be able to figure things out for ourselves. It's going to be challenging, but I'm excited to learn new things that will help me once I begin my career.

I think the most difficult part of EDM310 will be remembering to stay on top of due dates. I have marked my planner for all assignments, blog posts, and projects. I'm usually a pretty organized person, so I am hopeful that I will do well in this class. I check the class blog and checklist at least once a day, and I also have reminders set up in my planner and phone. I feel like I am capable to do what it takes to achieve the grade I want in this class. I also know that if questions arise at anytime in this course, I have people available to help me and guide me in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. i really enjoyed reading your post, MeLeah! You and I have a lot of feelings towards this class in common. I am also worried about managing my time wisely to stay on top of my assignments. Putting assignment reminders in your phone was a wise idea! I may have to try that method out and see if it helps me stay on top of things. I am also excited to see what skills I will develop from this class. Along with you, I also feel better about this class knowing that help is available to me.

    ReplyDelete